Top Pros and Cons:
Are you a movie buff or an active music listener looking to beef up you TV, PC, Tablet or Smartphone for a better movie watching or music listening experience? If yes, you need to invest in some high quality speakers.
When it comes to choosing speakers, youll need to choose between the two main categories wired and wireless. The best way to know which among the two categories is the most ideal for you is to analyze both their strong points and drawbacks beforehand.
The following are the top pros and cons of each:
Pros of Wireless Speakers
The use of wireless speakers is a convenient alternative to wired speakers. The following are the advantages that wireless speakers have over wired ones: 1. Better Aesthetics: Wireless speakers feature sleek designs that make them quite aesthetically appealing. Moreover, they do not come with wires, thus do not create clutter.
2. Portable Design: These types of speakers are quite convenient as they can be used anywhere. You can easily use them outdoors, take them while you travel, or relocate them to another place with ease.
3. Advanced Technology: The advanced technology used in wireless speakers to convey signals allows for connectivity to a wide range of devices. Furthermore, many wireless speakers come with access to a wide variety of audio sources and streaming services.
4. Additional Features: Most wireless speakers come with additional features that give them an edge over the wired types. For example, some wireless options are waterproof, with various options featuring intricate features and utilities such as an alarm clock, among others.
While wireless speakers present obvious benefits in terms of convenience, there are various drawbacks to take into account. The following are the disadvantages of wireless systems:
Costly Option: Advanced technology and additional features most definitely entail higher prices. You can expect wireless speakers to be 5 times as expensive as wired speakers.
Unreliable Performance: Wireless speakers largely depend on a stable internet connection for them to operate. The speakers may perform poorly if internet interruptions occur due to severe weather or other disruptions.
Transmission Interference: Since wireless speakers utilize infrared technology to convey digital signals, they can interfere with other signals conveyed to other devices used in the house, including WiFi equipment, microwaves and cordless phones.
Sound Interference: The interference with other signals tends to decrease the quality of sound from the wireless speakers. Pros of Wired Speakers
1. Cost-Friendly: Compared to wireless speakers, wired speakers are cheaper. This is because most of them are quite basic and do not utilize advanced technology for sound transmission.
2. Better Sound Quality: If you want precise control over sound, then wired speakers are an ideal choice. Wired speakers are not susceptible to transmission interference, thus transfer audio files smoothly and seamlessly. Moreover, wired speakers distribute sound evenly, allowing you to hear sound at the right level and volume in every spot.
3. Less Compatibility Issues: With wired speakers, there are no compatibility issues as long as the speakers are correctly plugged in.
Cons of Wired Speakers
1. Create Clutter: Wired speakers require to be connected to the power source and other audio devices via wires for them to work. This creates clutter that not only presents complications of plugging and unplugging, but they can also compromise the aesthetics.
2. Less Versatile: These types of speakers are not portable. This makes them less convenient to use outdoors or on the go.
3. Less Advanced Features: Compared to wireless speakers, wired speakers are quite basic and most of them do not feature any advanced features or utilities. Lack of advanced features limits the number of devices that can be used with the speakers.
If youre on a tight budget yet you want a type of speaker that will get your hair blown back in a whim, you should consider the wired options. However, if youre looking for more convenience and can afford the expense, a wireless system will do.
Note that even the best systems have their drawbacks, whether its convenience, functionality, or price. Be sure to take everything into consideration before you buy so you can ultimately be happy with your purchase. Want to learn more? Find out some of best wireless speakers Review.